In a footprint of less than 2 square feet (0.19 m2), PreSonus' 16-channel StudioLive 16.0.2 offers 8 mono input channels and 4 stereo channels and provides 12 XMAX™ Class A solid-state mic preamps, plus an additional XMAX preamp on the Talkback input.
The 16.0.2 is packed with features and processing power, employs the same workflow and easy-to-use mixing-surface design as the bigger StudioLive boards, and sounds every bit as good, with the same high-definition, wide-dynamic-range, digital converters.
The 16.0.2 integrates a 16x16 FireWire interface and comes with Capture™, Studio One Artist™ recording and production software, and Virtual StudioLive, bidirectional control software, and it works great with PreSonus' free SL Remote iPad and iPhone control apps.
The 16.0.2's Fat Channel is stocked with compressors, limiters, gates, phase reverse, high-pass filters, and 3-band semi-parametric EQ. Two stereo, 32-bit floating-point effects processors deliver delay and reverb effects.
Moreover, a glance at the rear panel reveals that the 16.0.2 offers something the 2 bigger StudioLive boards don't: MIDI In and Out. You can recall Scenes from a DAW using MIDI Program Changes, control the main output volume and effects level, and even mute effects between songs.
Free Universal Control 1.6 and StudioLive Remote 1.3 for iPad updates(see below)
Virtual StudioLive with Smaart Measurement Technology (seebelow)
8 mono mic/line channel inputs, each with:
- High-headroom Class AXMAX™ mic preamplifier
- XLR mic and balanced ¼" lineinputs
- 60 mm precision fader
4 stereo line channel inputs, with:
- High-headroom Class A XMAX™mic preamplifier (Ch. 9, 11, 13, and 15)
- XLR mic inputs (Ch. 9, 11,13, and 15)
- Balanced 1/4" line inputs (Ch.9-16)
- Unbalanced RCA line inputs (Ch. 13-16)
- 60 mmprecision fader (4 stereo)
4 Auxiliary buses (pre/post-fader send)
2 Internal FX buses
2 stereo 32-bit digital effects processors with customizable reverb anddelay presets
Fat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses,with:
- 3-band semi-parametric EQ (individual bandon/off)
- Full-featured compressor
- Standard downwardexpander
- Phase reverse (12 mic preamplifiersonly)
- Pan with dedicated 15-LED display
- Stereo link forinput channels and aux buses
- High-pass filter
One 31-band stereo graphic EQ (on main outputs only)
16-in/16-out FireWire recording interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48kHz)
- Compatible with most audio software via ASIO, Windows Audio,Core Audio
Scene store and recall
Settings can be copied among channels and buses and saved as user presets.
Software bundle for Mac® and Windows® includes:
- PreSonus StudioOne Artist™ digital audio workstation
- PreSonus Capture™live-recording software
- PreSonus Universal Control with VirtualStudioLive™ bidirectional mixer-control software
Lockout mode protects your settings from meddlers and accidents
MIDI Control Mode provides control over:
- Scene and FX Presetrecall
- Main Volume, FXA, and FXB output levels
- FXA and FXBassign/unassign to Mains
QMix iPhone/iPod Touch app
With QMix, you can enjoy wireless remote control of any PreSonus StudioLive™ mixer's aux sends from up to ten Apple iPhones or iPod touches. Let performers create their monitor mixes from individual iPhones. With the Wheel of Me, you can select multiple "Me" channels and control their levels simultaneously. Requires a Mac or PC running PreSonus Virtual StudioLive.
Runs on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4 or higher
Provides wireless control over aux mixes in Virtual StudioLive and hence,over aux mixes in any StudioLive-series digital mixer
Portrait view shows Wheel of Me, where you can select multiple “Me”channels and control their levels simultaneously
Landscape view provides control of all aux-send levels and panning (forlinked auxes)
Aux mixes can be named (up to 10 characters)
Control the auxes on any StudioLive mixer on the wireless network from oneiPhone or iPod touch
Multiple iPhones and iPod touches can control the same StudioLive
Set permissions in VSL so each iPhone and iPod touch can control only onespecific aux mix
Free from the Apple App Store
Computer system requirements:
IEEE 1394 FireWire 400 Port
Internet connection recommended
Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
- Windows 7, Vista, XP (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Intel Pentium4 1.6 GHz processor or AMD Athlon 64 (Turion) (2.5 GHz or fasterrecommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.5.2 or later (32-bit and 64-bit)
- PowerPCG4 1.25 GHz or Intel Core Solo 1.5 GHz processor (2 GHz or fasterrecommended)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB or more recommended)
*Note that the speed of your processor, amount of RAM and size and speed of your hard drive will greatly affect the overall performance of your recording system. Also, a more powerful system (faster processor with more RAM) will allow for lower latency (signal delay) that you might experience while monitoring audio or MIDI signals.
Monitor resolution for both PC and Macintosh should be no lower than 1024x768 pixels.
Free Universal Control 1.6 and StudioLive Remote 1.3 for iPad updates
With Universal Control 1.6, Rational Acoustics' Smaart™ real-time analysis features have been integrated into Virtual StudioLive (VSL), which is part of Universal Control. Virtual StudioLive now offers both Smaart Spectra™ time frequency spectrograph and real-time analyzer (RTA) views, which are superimposed over each graphic EQ.
The Smaart Spectra spectrograph display can help to precisely identify nasty feedback frequencies, enabling even less-experienced users to easily tune P.A. speakers to the room. Smaart Spectra graphs a continuous series of spectrum measurements, showing frequency on one axis, time on another, and amplitude indicated by colors. This makes it very useful for quickly identifying feedback frequencies, which can be easily addressed using StudioLive graphic EQs.
Universal Control 1.6 adds other useful features, as well. You can now control Talkback on/off and routing with VSL. Version 1.6 also adds support for the new StudioLive Remote 1.3 update.
Universal Control 1.6 updates the Windows and Mac drivers for all StudioLive-series mixers products and all FireStudio™-series interfaces except for the original FireStudio (26x26). This update improves performance, especially on Windows systems. Note that Universal Control 1.6 requires a firmware update to StudioLive mixers.
PreSonus has simultaneously released StudioLive Remote 1.3 for iPad. This version of the company's wireless mixer-control app adds Talkback on/off and routing assignments and enables Scene recall for hard-disk-based Scenes (but not for Scenes held in mixer memory).
Universal Control 1.6 is a free update and can be downloaded from the Technical Support section of the PreSonus Web site. StudioLive Remote 1.3 is a free download from the Apple App Store.
Virtual StudioLive Software for Mac and Windows
Virtual StudioLive™ provides bidirectional control of all StudioLive-series digital mixers. Written exclusively for StudioLive mixers, and accessed as the StudioLive's Device window in the free PreSonus Universal Control application, VSL provides a complete visual representation of the mixer, enabling you to see and control the most-used mixer parameters onscreen, including channel, subgroup, aux send, and main levels; mutes and solos; and Fat Channel, effects, and graphic EQ settings.
Controlling your StudioLive with VSL is as easy as drag-and-drop. You can load Fat Channel settings by simply dragging them onto the channel or mixer overview, either as a complete channel strip, or as individual gate, compressor, and EQ presets. Want to just load the EQ settings onto Channel 1? Just select the Fat Channel for Channel 1 and drag a preset to the visual representation of the EQ. You can mix and match settings to your heart's content. Or apply a new Scene to the whole mixer by dragging it onto VSL's virtual mixing surface from a browser list that you see at all times.
Through VSL, you can back up all of the Scenes and presets stored on your StudioLive. Save virtually unlimited Scenes and settings and name them and rearrange them in the browser. These stored settings can be loaded from disk or sent to, and stored internally on, the StudioLive. You can even drag presets out of the browser and email, IM, or disk-swap them with other StudioLive owners.
Since the control is bidirectional, fader moves and parameter changes made on the StudioLive are re?ected in VSL in real time. So, for example, you can set up the StudioLive the way you want it and then save your Scene or other presets in VSL.
VSL also combines with StudioLive Remote to provide mixer control from an Apple iPad® and combines with QMix to enable you to control StudioLive aux mixes from an Apple iPhone® or iPod touch®.
As powerful as VSL is, PreSonus is constantly adding more features. They have recently begun to incorporate Rational Acoustics' highly regarded Smaart Measurement Technology™ directly into Virtual StudioLive, beginning with Smaart Spectrum™ in Universal Control 1.6, available in PreSonus' website's Technical Support section.
NOTE: For more information on Smaart Measurement Technology™, please view the attached brochure, found under the "Documentation" tab.
- Type: XLR Female,Balanced
- Frequency Response to Direct Output (at unitygain): 20 Hz-40 kHz, 0 / -0.5 dBu
- Frequency Response to MainOutput (at unity gain): 20 Hz-20 kHz, ± 0.5 dBu
- Input Impedance(Balanced): 1 kOhm
- THD to Direct Output (1 kHz at unitygain): < 0.005%, +4 dBu, 20 Hz–20 kHz, unity gain,unwtd
- THD to Main Output (1 kHz at unity gain): 0.005%, +4 dBu,20 Hz-20 kHz, unity gain, unwtd
- EIN to Direct Output: +125 dBunwtd, +130 dB A-wtd
- S/N Ratio to Direct Output (Ref = +4 dB, 20 kHzBW, unity gain, A-wtd): -97 dB
- S/N Ratio to Main Output (Ref =+4 dB, 20 kHz BW, unity gain, A-wtd): -94 dB
- Common ModeRejection Ratio (1 kHz at unity gain): +65 dB
- Gain ControlRange (± 1 dB): -16 dB to +67 dB
- Maximum Input Level (unitygain): +16 dBu
- Phantom Power (± 2 VDC): +48 VDC
Balanced Line Inputs:
- Type: Balanced Mono 1/4" TRSFemale
- Frequency Response to Direct Outputs (at unity gain): 10Hz-40 kHz, 0 / -0.5 dBu
- Frequency Response to Main Outputs (at unitygain): 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0/-0.5 dBu
- Input Impedance: 10kOhms
- THD to Direct Output (1 kHz at unity gain): <0.0007%,+4 dBu, 20 Hz-20 kHz, unity gain, unwtd
- THD to Main Output (1 kHz atunity gain): <0.005%, +4 dBu, 20 Hz-20 kHz, unity gain,unwtd
- S/N Ratio to Direct Output (Ref = +4 dBu, 20 kHz BW, unitygain, A-wtd): -105 dB
- S/N Ratio to Main Output (Ref = +4 dBu,20 kHz BW, unity gain, A-wtd): -94 dB
- Gain Control Range (± 1dB): -20 dB to +20 dB
- Maximum Input level (unitygain): +22 dBu
Unbalanced Line Inputs:
- Type: Unbalanced RCA Female (stereopair)
- Maximum Input Level: +22 dBu
- Type: Balanced XLR Male (stereo pair); balanced1/4" TRS Female (stereo pair)
- Rated Output Level: +24dBu
- Output Impedance: 10 kOhms
- Type: Balacned Mono 1/4" TRSFemale
- Rated Output Level: +18 dBu
- OutputImpedance: 51 ohms
- Type: Balanced 1/4" TRS Female (stereopair)
- Rated Output Level: +18 dBu
- OutputImpedance: 51 ohms
System Cross Talk:
- Input to Output (Ref = +4 dBu, 20 Hz-20 kHz,unwtd): -90 dBu
- Adjacent Channels (Ref = +4 dBu, 20 Hz-20 kHz,unwtd): -87 dBu
Noise Gate (Expander):
- Threshold Range: -84 dB to 0dB
- Attack Time: Adaptive (0.2 - 2.5 ms)
- ReleaseTime: 70 ms
- Expander Attenuation Range: 2:1
- Threshold Range: -56 dB to 0dB
- Ratio: 1:1 to 14:1
- Response Time(Attack/Release): 0.2 ms / 1.0 s ("Tight") to 180 ms/1.0 s("Smooth")
- Auto Attack and Release: Attack = 10 ms, Release =150 ms
- Curve Types: hard and soft knee
- Type: 2nd - order shelving filter (Q = 0.55)
- Low(Low-pass or Bandpass): 36 to 465 Hz, ± 15 dB
- Mid: 26 Hz to 3.5kHz, ±15 dB
- High (High-pass or Bandpass): 1.4 kHz to 18 kHz, ±15 dB
- ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz): 118 dB
-DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz): 118 dB
- FireWire: S400, 400Mb/s
- Internal Processing: 32-bit, floating point
- SamplingRate: 44.1, 48 kHz
- A/D/A Bit Depth: 24 bits
- ReferenceLevel for 0 dBFS: -18 dBu
- Jitter: <20 ps RMS (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- JitterAttenuation: >60 dB (1 ns in ˜ 1 ps out)
- Connector: IEC
- Input-Voltage Range: 90 to 240VAC (factory-configured for country of destination)
- Power Requirements(continuous): 100 W